Friday, November 9, 2007

Traveling Light Erdman Style.

It's 6:30 and the kids are finally gone. The floors are cleaned to the point that an intruder won't stick to them in our absence and sue .And the suitcases (all 6 of them) are lined up by the door. Lest you think the title isn't serious or that Dennis and I cant travel light ! Only an overnight case is needed to contain our clothes and personal belongings. OKAY... if you consider the birdbath that is packed into one of the biggest suitcases a personal belonging then I guess I cant say that. The birdbath is at least PACKED. When I told Mari that I was bringing one East she gasped and said " MOTHER YOU'RE NOT ! ! " She remembers walking down the the street here in Montrose with a stuffed chicken perched upon the stroller I was pushing, and the commentsm from those passing by in cars. She thought I was bringing it as a carry on. Silly girl ! The worst I have ever carried on an airplane was a metal rooster that I found after our luggage was checked. The 5 suitcases are essentials for Thanksgiving ( A stuffed annimated dancing turkey is an essential) or Xmas gifts or a gun for Gabe so that he can go out and provide the Turkey that his wife will cook. See all of you Easterners soon. Westerners..Enjoy the 17 days of peace and quiet without Dad and Me. Please remember to water the trees and front door fern.

2 comments:

Mari said...

caroline can't wait for her dancing turkey!

DougE said...

Don't encourage her Mari, otherwise Caroline won't see a gift other than dancing turkeys until her 18th birthday.