Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Memories

Shelli, earlier today called and related a "Trauma of being a parent" story. I don't always agree with any of my kids parenting methods any more than Dennis's and my parents always agreed with ours. But I do want to say that Isaac is one lucky kid to have a Mom and Dad like Bob and Shelli. Long story short ...Isaac (for reasons at the time unknown even to him) flipped out at school and almost decked the principal. (Think twice about those karate lessons as an Xmas gift - from what Shelli told me he did enough damage without them) Instead of sentencing Isaac to solitary confinement for the rest of his life, his parents went on the internet and came up with a reaction to medications that the kid was taking. as a likely cause. Dennis's doctor once ALMOST perscribed a medication that would have been potentially lethal had Dennis not done some research ahead of time. On to the TITLE...No matter how traumatic an incident with your kid or kids is, it will make for REALLY GREAT stories when they become parents themselves. I'll save some of mine for future blogs, Titles like "Dumb School - they don't tell you the rules until you break them" and "Honest Mom ! It really IS my appendix ! Could the paramedics please stop for a burger on the way to the Hospital? I'm REALLY hungry" and others

No comments: