Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Grizzlies

Have you noticed that kids and people in general have been grizzley lately?

When Doug and I were in Costco this weekend, the box girl was complaining: "Did you see that kid just ahead of you? I said your'e a cute kid and he replied 'NO I'M NOT !! I DON'T LIKE YOU ! " I was just trying to be friendly!"

Today at Ralphs I said the same thing to a little boy behind me in line and got spit at. His Mom said "Sorry ! Kids will be kids and for some reason he has been really grizzley lately"

2 year old Jacob who I watch loves brushing his teeth after breakfast with Dennis and spitting into the sink. He recently tried spitting at ME. He only tried spitting at me once and had one warning that only tired kids spit. And that if he did it again he would have a date with the sleep mat. So far he hasn't tried it again. Even without spitting he remained in a grizzley mood saying "NO" to everything except chocolate pudding . (He may have been grizzley but he wasn't a dummy"

I love people watching. For the most part Californians smile a lot. (Maybe they love the sun shine and warm weather or maybe they are just crazy)

Dad and I both have noticed that Pennsylvanians as a whole (Weavers, you are an exception) scowl a lot and rarely say please or thankyou.

We haven't spent enough time in Va or N.C. to make any valid observations

What I have noticed lately is that even usually cheery Californians seem grumpy. It is hard to tell with Dad. He is generally grumpy so I don't know whether to blame it on his Pa. roots or just the shorter Fall days. The scary thing is that he is one of the HAPPIER people that I have come in contact with lately.

Maybe it is because the extensions for filing income taxes ran out today. Maybe it is the shorter hours of Daylight. Maybe moms are grizzley because their little darlings are back in school and and they miss them (probably not) Or maybe the human race isn't as highly evolved as we would like to believe and like the grizzley bears are just grumpy because they are tired from the long busy summer days and are getting weary like tired kids and are wishing that winter hibernation time would hurry up.

What ever the reason, I hope you all don't fit into the grizzley group. Enjoy the fall. Winter summer and spring. I hope Dad and I have lots and lots more of them to ,grizzle thru

2 comments:

Mari said...

It's a good thing you mentioned taxes because we had totally forgotten. Big TO DO for this weekend. Gabe is thrilled.

Mari said...

mom have jacob watch ryan and put up a new blog.

then put up another one about what happened when jacob watched ryan.