Monday, October 1, 2007

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

How to title this blog? Blue tooth looking for a mouse? ( It took me five minutes and a call to Mari to get past this) or Roomba Returns! (Thanks Jacob , I'll have to clean under our bed more often) Corned Beef Jerkey ( you REALLY don't want to know) or Why toaster ovens are made of metal (AGAIN you REALLY don't want to know) or Restaurant Inspection Violations (And Mari thinks that her newspaper's Baby Name column is interesting) or WOW!!! DISNEYLAND!!!!! It is the LAST hands down!

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou Bob Shelli and Issac! for one of the most wonderful days that I've had in a long, long time! I'm a kid at heart ( I do TRY to stuff it down for Dennis's sake) Our Sunday at Disneyland was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last time we were there was 20 years ago (No wonder the bamboo in Adventureland seems taller.

The other options in what to title this blog will have to wait.

Our whole weekend was pretty great! Dennis and I left for Capo around 4:30 on Friday. One Day care kid was supposed to leave around 2 o'clock but the battery on his Mom's watch must have worn down. Since the snails on the side of the I 5 were passing us Dennis offered to stop at Red Lobster for the all you can eat ENDLESS SHRIMPFEST! Having enjoyed the LOBSTERFEST How could I refuse. Except for an upset stomach as a result of eating the ends of Dennis's endless shrimp (they are crunchy and I REALLY like them) as well as my whole shrimp, ends included ,it was a great start to the weekend.

Saturday morning was spent with daughter-in-law Shelli. (Thankyou Shelli - I REALLY craved ADULT conversation!) Xmas shopping and Halloween Costume shopping. Isaac is going to be a SOMETHING REALLY COOL from Starwars. (I can't remember what. But ) He will look really COOL. I saw some costumes that I LOVED for Dennis that he would HATE. He needs to dress up for work and resists till the last minute. (Last year's turkey) How about some suggestions. The Finance Guy was a Sugar Daddy Candy. So come up with something that REALLY shows Dennis's character. How did the survey for C.C.'s costume end up ?

Prior to leaving the house on Saturday Isaac handed me a catalogue and specified exactly which lego sets he would like for Xmas and instructed me NOT to listen to Dennis NOR Mom because they don't listen as good as they should. He repeated this three times. Do think that the repetitions were a message that my listening skills need improving as well? We never found the Legos, but we did find other fun stuff for almost everyone else.

I got to see Isaac's Kdg schoolwork and with his computer skills (aka video games) it won't be long before he is ordering his own Xmas gifts on line and charging them to SANTA's account ( Watch out Bob and Grandpa!)

ON TO DISNEYLAND ! SUNDAY MORNING !

As I said before it has bee 20 (scary how the time passes) years since we were last at Disneyland. Isn't it abuse to keep my inner child away from such a great place when we live so close ? DENNIS???

Disneyland was even better than I remembered it. Probably because we were with Isaac. I'm looking fwd to return visits with Micaela and C.C. and Kermit and Alfrd/Alfreda.

Thank goodness that Bob and Shelli were smart enough to get year passes and to enjoy touristy vacation stuff (see Cheerio blog) They also know how to get on 12 rides in 9 hours and have the time to eat and go Potty too..Fast Pass is the Greatest invention since hand sanitizer. I actually carry some in my purse but Shelli beat me to it.

Dennis just came home for dinner so our Disneyland Adventure recap will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll try to fwd some pictures on email if Ethel gets stubborn (like she did on the Halloween costumes - my favorites that didn't get sent were Gabe wearing a Cowboy Hat and nothinfg else chewing on a straw , Kurt in Mari's Pink pants and Isaac as a toilet)

Until tomorrow

2 comments:

Mari said...

MOM!!! YOU NEED TO ELABORATE THAT THE PICTURE OF GABE IN THE COWBOY HAT AND NOTHING ELSE IS FROM WHEN HE WAS THREE!!!!!!!!!

People are going to wonder what type of family this is!!!!!!

Dennis and Ginny said...

It was under Family costumes and I didn't think that Ethel printed it. Good old Ethel