Monday, November 8, 2010

# 8 education

Thankful # 8

I'm thankful for the education I received while getting my teaching credential. I think it has helped me be a better Mother and Child Care provider I'm less likely to get REALLY ANGRY at Super Tired Kids because I recognize that they are SUPER TIRED KIDS. I' really thankful that Mari and a lot of other Moms seem to intuit this. Teacher training has given me not only the skills to recognize this but to know what to do about it, and the courage to do it.

Recognize the problem ie: Kid fatigue

Identify the causes ie: time change and back to day care Monday

Evaluate the solutions ie: give up and let kid yell,scream and run wild or do calming projects with lots of attention going to tired kid until it is nap time

Communicate ie; "KID, I recognize you are tired. Yelling etc. is NOT okay. Let's do something productive. Let's talk about Thanksgiving and what nice things people have done for you. Let's be like the pilgrims and show our Thanks. Maybe we could make cards for all of the people who have been nice to us" I was smart and used crayon as the medium instead of paint. I learn by experience.

Take action ie: We traced our hands then colored them in with Fall colors. I then used a sharpie to turn ihands into a turkey. Even without him staying inside the lines his turned out GREAT (if we both say so ourselves). Wish I had a way and the smarts to scan our finished products so that we could share them

Follow thru on the real cause: Kid went down for an EARLY NAP. I read somewhere that it takes about 20 minutes to fall asleep. It took KID about 20 seconds.

Enjoy Results; I have time to type Thankful #8

1 comment:

ReAnnon said...

LOVE THIS! I think Ill write down this list and use it over and over:)